Meet the Dog Stars is the fourth episode of Krypto the Superdog.
Krypto looking for bacon after he smells it in downtown Metropolis, hears the distressed calls of a small cat and comes to hid rescue from a group of strange dogs who are intent on catching him. He manages to rescue him despite the dog's warnings that he stay out of what's going on. Krypto saves him anyway; it's just too bad for Krypto the dogs end up being super powered dogs with special powers who end up fighting Krypto one on one in an all out free-for-all. One can grow horns like a bull, another can grab people up with its long tail like a lasso, and another can grow super hot and shoot flames from its mouth. Krypto learns that the dogs are alien super heroes called the "Dog Star Patrol", a group of super-powered mutts who fight crime. It's revealed that the kitten was not as innocent as it seemed as he's an intergalactic fugitive named Snooky Wookums under the management of a villainous cat named Mechanikat. They're on the hunt for Snooky who plans on turning Earth's cats into giant beasts and taking over.
- The Dog Star Patrol first appeared in the DC Comics Silver Age stories. Back then, they were called the "Space Canine Patrol Agents". Both the new name, and Brainy Barker, are additions created for this series.
- The Dog Stars' ship is a hydrant.
- We learn in this episode that Mammoth Mutt's voice is deeper when she enlarges her body.
- Krypto becomes a member of the Dog Star Patrol.
- Villain(s): Snooky Wookums, Mechanikat
- First appearance of the featured Dog Stars (Brainy Barker, Hot Dog, Tail Terrier, Bull Dog, Mammoth Mutt), Snooky Wookums and Mechanikat.
- The Dog Star Patrol is much like a canine Justice League.